Members of the GRC Community Receive Honors at the White House
March 6, 2013
Gordon Research Conferences would like to congratulate the recent recipients of the National Medal of Technology and Innovation and the National Medal of Science. The recipients were honored during a ceremony at the White House in February 2013.
Several of these recipients have been frequent speakers and discussion leaders at GRCs. We are honored to have these individuals as part of our GRC community and grateful for their continued contributions to scientific research and advancement.
National Medal of Technology and Innovation recipients include:
- Dr. Frances Arnold (California Institute of Technology) is a current member of the GRC Conference Evaluation Committee and has been a Speaker at various GRCs including the 2010 Protein Folding Dynamics GRC which took place at the Ventura Beach Marriott in Ventura, CA.
- Robert Langer (MIT) was most recently a speaker at the 2011 Biomaterials & Tissue Engineering GRC which took place at Holderness School in Holderness, NH.
National Medal of Science recipients include:
- Allen Bard (University of Texas at Austin)
- Sallie Chisholm (MIT)
- John Goodenough (University of Texas at Austin)
- M. Frederick Hawthorne (University of Missouri)
- Leroy Hood (Institute for Systems Biology)
- Lucy Shapiro (Stanford University School of Medicine)
For a full list of recipients and further information about the awards, please click here.