The Renaissance Tuscany provides buses for Gordon Research Conference attendees from/to Pisa Airport on the first and last day of the Conference. In order to make use of this service, you must reserve a seat on the bus in advance no later than the Sunday prior to the conference.
Jump to Section:
Buses to the Renaissance Tuscany
The Renaissance Tuscany provides buses for Gordon Research Conference attendees on the first day of the Conference (Sunday) only.
Pick up times and locations: Sunday only. The bus picks up from the Pisa Airport at 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm. The travel time is approximately 1.5 hours.
Gordon Research Seminar (GRS) Buses
The departure information listed above applies to GRCs only (5-day meetings that begin on Sunday). If you are attending a Gordon Research Seminar (2-day meetings that begin on the Saturday preceding an associated GRC), there is only one bus available. The GRS bus leaves Pisa Airport on Saturday at 12:00 pm. If you are attending both the GRS and the GRC and would like to make a round-trip reservation, please select your return bus when you register for the GRC. If you are not attending the GRC after the GRS, you will be responsible for your own transportation to the airport on Sunday.
Airport: When you exit the baggage pick up area at the airport in Pisa there will be doors directly in front of you to the parking area. The bus will be parked in the lot for shuttle and charter buses, to the right when you exit the sliding doors directly in front of the arrivals area. A greeter from Renaissance Tuscany will be right outside these exit doors from one half hour before the bus is scheduled to depart.
Train: A shuttle bus is available between the train station and airport, departing on every 10 minutes.
The Renaissance Tuscany provides a bus for Gordon Research Conference attendees on the last day of the Conference (Friday) only.
Return times and drop off locations: Friday only. Buses to the Pisa Airport will be coordinated at the site. Departure times: 4:15 am, 8:30 am, and 12:00 pm.
The cost of the bus is $48 (each way). The bus charge will be refunded only if cancellation of the bus reservation is received in the GRC office by the Sunday prior to the Conference.
Bus Changes & Cancellations
You may make changes to (or cancel) your bus reservation any time up to the Sunday prior to the conference and receive a full refund. Bus reservations may be made in three ways:
- When registering for the conference, you will be asked to make a bus reservation.
- After completing the conference registration, you will receive an electronic receipt via email. This receipt contains a link which will allow you to make, change or cancel your reservation.
- Prior to the conference, if you haven't already made a bus reservation, an email reminder will be sent with a link that will allow you to make a reservation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I made a bus reservation. When will I be receiving bus tickets or a confirmation?
- Please allow 1-2 business days to process your bus reservation. An updated registration receipt, including your bus reservation, will automatically be e-mailed to you - the participant ONLY. Bus tickets are not issued.
- I did not make a bus reservation when I registered. How can I make one now?
- You may make a bus reservation by clicking on the link included in your conference registration receipt email. Scroll about halfway down the page and you will see a line that states "Bus service is available to this site. Click here to make a bus reservation at any time". Clicking on this link will enable you to access the GRC Bus Reservation System. In addition, four weeks prior to the meeting, a bus reservation reminder link will be sent to you. If you do not have your conference registration receipt email, you may request a bus reservation link via the GRC contact information page. Simply go to that page, select your meeting from the list, and refer to the instructions in the Bus Reservations section.
Please note: Bus reservations must be made no later than the Sunday prior to the start of the meeting.
- How do I make changes or cancel my bus reservation?
- You may change or cancel a bus reservation by clicking on the link included in your conference registration receipt email. Scroll about halfway down the page and you will see a line that states "Click here to change your bus reservation at any time". Clicking on this link will enable you to access the GRC Bus Reservation System. If you do not have your conference registration receipt email, you may request a bus reservation link via the GRC contact information page. Go to that page, select your meeting from the list, and refer to the instructions in the Bus Reservations section.
- Will the bus wait?
- The bus departs as scheduled and will not wait. We recommend arriving at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Please plan you travel times accordingly.
- What do I do if I miss the bus?
- You can take the next GRC bus (provided space is available). If you miss all the GRC buses, you are responsible for your own transportation. Please refer to the "Travel Information" menu option above for a list of other transportation options.
- How do I know what pickup time I made the reservation for?
- The bus pickup reservation time is listed on your registration receipt. Your return reservation time will be coordinated at the conference site.